Monday, January 3, 2011

Blindfold Drawings

While I was using the blindfold when I was drawing, I felt very lost. I never had the experience of drawing a piece of artwork, without even seeing it. When my pencil first touched the paper, I did not know where I was and even what I was drawing. Even though the blindfold was affecting me of seeing the paper, it also was making it difficult me to express my thoughts onto the paper. It was difficult for me not seeing the image of what I was drawing, and only imagining the picture in my head. However, the blindfold did help me lessen the stress of when I draw. Usually when I draw reguarly, I am too worried about perfecting my work and making sure each little object is exactly how I want it. Yet, with the blindfold I was able to just draw, without having anxiety of the placement or how good each image looked on the paper. When I took the blindfold off, I knew the outcome was not going to be very good, with many scribbles all over the page and disfunctional objects. I had the opportunity to fix my drawing and improve my work of art of what I wanted it to be in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment