Monday, January 3, 2011

Hamlett Dobbins

After looking at Hamlett Dobbins artwork, this piece of artwork caught my eye immediately. You could tell Dobbins used very tiny brush strokes, in order to make a circular figure, as if it goes on forever. This particular painting amazes me because it reminded me of a spinning wheel that does not stop. However I was very confused of the two larger images on the painting and what he was trying to portray. This artwork looks completely real and I now notice the time and effort it takes to be an artist.


I have two questions for Hamlett Dobbins:
  1. In this specific painting, what is the significance of the two large images in the center of the painting?
  2. When I was looking at your collaborative work, I noticed a lot of swear words on many of the pieces. What did they represent or why were they included in many pieces of your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment