Monday, January 31, 2011

Still Life Project Blog Post

In my Still Life, I will be using four objects that will relate to my family. The objects are duck tape, a glue stick, an eraser, and a pencil. Even though these objects do seem very simple, they do have a lot of meaning to them. The duck tape will connect to my father, who is the person in my family who we can trust that will never let us down and who we can always rely on. When using tape in other circumstances, people always trust that it is the source that can hold other things together, and that is exactly what my father has the ability to do. In addition, the glue stick that I will be using in the project associates with my mother. The meaning between the tape and the glue stick is pretty similar but also kind of different. My mother is the individual in the family who "sticks" us back together when we are having insane arguments or if one another is angry at each other. When using a glue stick, people tend to use it when something falls apart and its suppose to stick it back together. That is exactly what my mother does and she does it very successfully. Next, the eraser represents my sister. When ever I make a mistake, my sister is always the one to fix my fault. An eraser is meant to fix some ones faults on paper and they eventually go away. When ever my sister fixes my faults, I learn from my mistakes and am fortunate I am able to have her as my "eraser." Lastly, I am suppose to symbolize the pencil. Due to the fact I am taller than every other object in the Still Life, it represents attention which I enjoy very much in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment