Thursday, December 2, 2010

Marks Made Drawing

When I first started this project I knew exactly what I wanted to do, a tornado. While looking through the unique cut-outs that my classmates cutout, my eyes zoomed in on one specific picture. It was a painting of a gray, spinning object that reminded me of a tornado. I then cut out a large piece of paper of black charcoal that resembled a dark sky. After cutting out bits and pieces of the black charcoal paper, my paper had overlapping shapes on the top. Under the sky, I attached the distinct portrait of what looked like a tornado, with "twirly" strokes of ink coming out from it. I decided it would be a good idea to put a base at the bottom of the paper, so I cut out little pieces of grass of what looked like it was crooked from the wind of the tornado. When I was finished with my project, I knew I could have done better. Some areas of my portrait was disorganized and hard to tell of what I was actually trying to portray. However, it was my first assignment and it is never to late to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment